1. I'm not as close to having a finished manuscript as I'd thought (more on this in a future blog).
|Mary Cate Castelanni|
3. Also form Mary Cate: An editor may like your work, but if she can't sell it to her acquisitions committee, she'll pass on it.
4. From several editors and agents: "Write fresh" is a nice way of saying "Get rid of cliches."
5. From Lucy Cummins, art director at Simon and Schuster: "If you're going to write from two points of view, there has to be a reason for it." (more on this in the upcoming blog.)
6. From Marietta Zacker, agent with Nancy Galtt Literary Agency: Writing and revising take time. It is like stirring a cup of hot milk until it reaches the right temperature. Be patient.
7. From John Bemis: Consider what will transform your character. Use this.