Friday, August 31, 2007

Things that make a writer excited- part 2

This has been a fantastic day! I just received word that my proposal, "Learn from the Masters: How Creating a Fictional Character Enhances Reading Instruction" was accepted for the 2008 IRA convention in Atlanta, next May. This is quite an honor, particularly for a new author like me. On top of that, my article "Show, Don't Tell: Classroom Activities for Image Driven Writing" was accepted for a forthcoming issues of Middle Ground. As if that wasn't enough, my editor told me that my blog (the one you guys are helping to make popular) was rated 42 out of 150 useful, educational, and inspirational blogs for writers.

I'd include a video of myself jumping up and down in celebration (a la' my first attempt at Zumba yesterday) but I'll spare you that unnecessary visual litter!

1 comment:

Joyce Moyer Hostetter said...

Huge Congratulations! I got the impression at MidSouth you couldn't tell if people were reading your blog. But obviously someone is watching!

I'm so proud of you for getting the IRA event. You are such an inspiration.

Building Picture Books

  Did I hook you with that title? Did you think this blog post was going to be about how to create a picture book? Homonyms can be clever--a...