10. Reading exercises the brain.
9. Reading helps you become fluent in a second language- text language.
7. Reading takes you places when you have to stay where you are.
6. The reading practice you get from pleasure reading may not make you a perfect reader, but it will surely make you a better reader.
5. People who read are people who achieve. (Benjamin Carson, MD, Pediatric Neurosurgery, Johns Hopkins University)
4. Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. (Grocho Marx)
3. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read we can live more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. (S.I. Hayakawa, educator and politician)
2. The more that you read the more things you will know; the more that you learn the more places you'll go. (Dr. Seuss)
And last, but not least:
- If you're going to binge, literature is definitely the way to do it. (Oprah Winfrey)
Linda Gambrell, IRA, Groucho Marx, Dr. Seuss, Oprah Winfrey, Keith Stanovich, Anne Cunningham, Benjamin Carson, S.I. Hayakawa