Thursday, January 21, 2010

Flygirl Makes the List!


I was delighted to find out that a book I recently reviewed, Flygirl was recognized as one of 2010's Best Books for Young Adults by the Young Adult Library Services Association.

I am planning on interviewing the author, Sherri Smith, in the next issue of Talking Story. I e-mailed my congratulations and said I knew she'd be dancing a jig in excitement. She wrote back, "Thank you, Carol! I only just found out about it myself. I’ll go put on my jig shoes and dance!"

Technorati Tags:
, , , ,

2 comments:

elysabeth said...

Way cool - looking forward to that interview - E :)

Write2ignite said...

I am looking forward to the interview. Congrats to the author!

THE HUMAN BODY: AN ALIEN'S GUIDE: A Graphic Novel Review by Guest Blogger Brooke Leela-Ann White

The human body… more like the heroic body! The Human Body: An Alien’s Guide , written by Ruth Redford and illustrated by Leandro Cunha , is...