The first is Bibliofeast, an evening of dinner, conversation, and hob-nobbing with authors. The dinner is at Maggiano's (one of our favorite restaurants) and the authors are:
- Charlotte mystery writer Mark deCastrique, whose latest novel is "The 13th Target."
- Emily Colin of Wilmington, whose debut novel is the "The Memory Thief."
- S.C. novelist Mary Glickman, author of "One More River" and "Home in the Morning."
- Charlotte's Judy Goldman, a novelist and poet whose new memoir is "Losing My Sister."
- Brooklyn novelist Shira Nayman, author of "A Mind of Winter."
- Elena Passarello, whose essay collection, "Let Me Clear My Throat," explores memorable moments in the history of the human voice.
- Wendy Welch, author of "The Little Bookstore of Big Stone Gap," a memoir of owning a book store in Big Stone Gap, Va.
You can buy tickets, $45 for WNBA members and $55 for nonmembers, at Park Road Books, 4139 Park Road, or online at www.WNBA-Charlotte.org. More information: email@example.com, 704-439-4596 or 612-382-5868.