September 23. A Fast Blast Intro to Writing Short Stories and Novels- Part I. Joe's Place, Greenville, SC.
Topics will include:
- Build a set of writing tools.
- Create an authentic character and determine what she or he wants.
- Develop a sensory setting and learn how to set your story's mood.
- Consider the variety of conflicts your character might encounter.
- Differentiate between internal and external goals.
- Figure out your character's over-riding problem and obstacles.
- Develop a plot sentence.
- Map your story.
- Consider point of view.
- Hook your reader.
- Arrive at a satisfactory ending.
- Deep point of view and world building.
- The role of the antagonist.
- Dialogue that moves the story along.
- How to build a story one scene at a time.
- Pitfalls to avoid.
- Your path to publication.
- Writing resources.