Friday, April 5, 2024

UPCOMING EVENTS!

Here are some upcoming writing events that might interest you or the teen in your life.

Ten Steps on Your Path to Publication

When I moved to Matthews, NC a few years ago I was delighted to discover Matthews Christian library walking distance from my home. Of course, I introduced myself to the librarian, Tiffany Slack, and told her about my passion for books and writing. 

Recently, Tiffany contacted me and asked if I would be willing to participate in their 25th anniversary celebration. She asked if I would talk about getting published since many of their patrons ask about that.

It just so happened that had been my topic at a recent workshop for a library in the Charlotte Mecklenburg system, and so I replied with a proposal.

And just like that, this is going to happen in May!



                                        ðŸ–ŠðŸ–ŠðŸ–ŠðŸ–ŠðŸ–Š

WOW! A Week of Outstanding Writing


Do you have a tween or tween who loves writing? In June I will lead a fun writing camp for kids. Please pass this information along to teachers or parents who know a child who might love learning more about writing a short story. I'll use activities from my book, Teaching the Story: Fiction Writing in Grades 4-8.


                                        ðŸ–ŠðŸ–ŠðŸ–ŠðŸ–ŠðŸ–Š

Writing Christian MG or YA Fantasy

If you dream of writing middle-grade or young-adult fantasy, the virtual Write2Ignite Master Class still has a few spots open. For an interview with speaker Amy Earls, click here


Questions about any of these events? Feel free to email me.

Congratulations to Marci Whitehurst who won a copy of Linda Phillips' book, CRAZY.




4 comments:

Kathy said...

Congratulations, Carol! and your writing camp sounds terrific!

Carol Baldwin said...

Thanks, Kathy. I wish we lived closer and you could send kids to the camp!

Joan Y. Edwards said...

Dear Carol,
Look at you go!!! So proud of youband happy for you!!!

Sincerely,
Joan

Carol Baldwin said...

Thank you, Joan. I appreciate your support!

SHE'S STILL HERE: A Book Review by Guest Blogger, Josie Murdock

REVIEW OF SHE'S STILL HERE by Caitlin Alexander Twenty years ago, Ravendale Middle school caught fire and Jane Wright was lost forever....