Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Why I am a Writer – Part 2

Last week I had written about how Paul Stankard was so delighted with the article Paperweight Magic in Highlights Magazine. Yesterday, he received this e-mail which was forwarded along to me:

"My seven year old daughter, Clarity just got done reading the article about you in Highlights Magazine. She was completely enthralled in your work. She loves art, nature, painting, clay, etc. I think she could see herself doing something like this. She just won First place in her school science fair for a project on Honeybees. The judges told her the display was a work of art. She even made a 3 segment bee out of Sculpey clay and fastened it with velcro. Not too bad for a seven year old. Is there anywhere in Northern California we could see your work?"

Is there anything more thrilling for a children's writer than to have a reader become excited about a subject because you wrote about it?

I don't think so!


No comments:

THOMAS JEFFERSON'S BATTLE FOR SCIENCE: A Picture Book Review and Giveaway

Beth Anderson is no stranger to my  blog . Her outstanding nonfiction biographies find little-known stories within a historical character&#...